HEAVY GOODS SECURE PARKING REGULATIONS
– LE TRUCK VILLAGE – EUROTUNNEL
These Regulations shall apply as of 1 November 2020.
A Vehicle’s entry into the Eurotunnel secured truck park implies the Customer’s unlimited and unqualified acceptance of the present Regulations and prices.
The Regulations are displayed at the entrance to the truck park, are available to Customers upon request at the reception of the services building, and viewable on the website www.letruckvillage.com
The French version of the Regulations is the only authentic text.
Article 1 – DEFINITIONS
“Customers”: drivers and passengers of Vehicles, excluding pedestrians on their own.
“Eurotunnel”: partnership between France-Manche SA and The Channel Tunnel Group Ltd.
“Interested Persons”: the haulage companies that own, hire and/or use the Vehicles, the owners of the goods being transported and any other person concerned by the transport.
“Regulations”: the present regulations for ‘Le Truck Village’ secure truck park at the Coquelles Eurotunnel Terminal.
“Services”: all accessible services, whether included in the entrance fee or charged in addition, and offered by Eurotunnel and its service providers within the truck park, and in the truck park buildings (including the services building, the building housing the showers and toilets and the formalities building).
“Vehicles”: any goods haulage vehicle, van, or sole tractor unit, entering the car park, to the exclusion of any other type vehicle.
Article 2 – ENTRY AND EXIT
- Entry into and exit from the truck park is automated. An information panel situated in front of the truck park informs the Customer of the availability of parking spaces.
- The truck park is equipped with electronic devices and video-surveillance equipment for monitoring entry and exit.
- Any persons present in the truck park without authorisation or a valid parking ticket may be prosecuted.
- To exit the truck park, it is necessary to pay for the length of the stay.
- If the entry ticket is lost or invalid, Eurotunnel will charge the Customer the applicable price corresponding to the length of the stay; if the length of stay cannot be ascertained, a flat-rate fee equal to 72 hours shall be charged.
- All or part of the truck park may be temporarily closed, at Eurotunnel’s discretion, particularly for maintenance work or security reasons. No compensation can be claimed from Eurotunnel.
Article 3 – PRICES AND PAYMENT
- The prices and accepted methods of payment are displayed on the www.letruckvillage.com website and at the truck park’s entry and exit points. Eurotunnel reserves the right to amend the prices.
- Any part hour shall be charged for.
- Any Customer wishing to object to a payment that has been made must inform Eurotunnel in writing at the following address: Eurotunnel, Service Commercial Parking Fret, Siège d’Exploitation, B.P. 69, 62904 Coquelles Cedex.
- If it is not possible for a Vehicle to leave the truck park by automated means for reasons caused by the Customer or the Vehicle (for example, no means of payment, refusal to pay or breakdown) and the intervention of Eurotunnel and/or its representatives is necessary, the Customer may be billed a fixed amount corresponding to the additional handling time or for the implementation of additional means to enable the Customer’s Vehicle, or any other vehicle, to leave the truck park.
- Any Customer without a valid means of payment upon leaving the truck park shall be issued a promissory note drawn up for the benefit of and in favour of Eurotunnel. The Customer has 15 days from date of issue of the document in which to pay the debt. Failing payment, Eurotunnel may, in addition to the parking charges due, demand an amount of 40 euros as compensation for recovery costs, as well as additional compensation if the recovery costs incurred by Eurotunnel exceed 40 euros.
Failing payment within the required time, Eurotunnel may use any legal means to protect its interests.
- Eurotunnel shall have a lien and a right of attachment over the Customer’s Vehicle, trailer and goods if the price demanded by Eurotunnel remains unpaid.
Article 4 – MOVEMENT
- All traffic movement, manoeuvring and parking operations within the truck park take place under the entire responsibility of the Customer, jointly and severally with the Interested Persons. A Customer who drives a Vehicle in a personal capacity shall be solely responsible. The Customer undertakes to comply with the provisions of the French Highway Code, the signage in the truck park, and any instructions given by a Eurotunnel attendant. The speed limit in the truck park is 10 km/h. Reversing is allowed only when performing manoeuvres that are necessary for parking.
- People on foot in the truck park must pay utmost attention to traffic and follow the marked pathways.
Article 5 – PARKING
- Vehicles must be correctly parked in one of the bays marked on the ground for this purpose. Eurotunnel may remove Vehicles left parked in breach of the present Regulations at the expense, risk and peril of the offender. Where necessary (works, cleaning, etc.), Vehicles may be moved by or at the request of Eurotunnel.
- Dedicated parking bays reserved for refrigerated trucks are provided and identified by means of markings on the ground. These parking bays are equipped with a power outlet for connecting the refrigeration system; the Customer is responsible for ensuring proper use thereof and is obliged to inform the reception of the services building immediately of any defects noted or damage caused.
- The Customer may unhook his vehicle combination comprised of a tractor unit and a trailer in order to hook it to another tractor unit, provided that the trailer is not left parked alone on the car park. The Customer and any Interested Person shall be jointly and severally liable in that regard. Any Customer driving their own personal Vehicle shall be solely liable in that regard.
- It is prohibited to park a trailer on its own.
- Unless expressly agreed by Eurotunnel, in the event that parking considered as irregular, obstructive, abusive or dangerous within the meaning of the applicable legislation and regulations takes place, the Vehicle may be impounded.
- Any begging, selling, or offering of services, whether free or otherwise, is prohibited within the truck park. Any peddling, canvassing, unpacking or sale of any objects whatsoever, display, distribution of leaflets, as well as any unloading of goods or transfer of goods between Vehicles, even in part, is strictly prohibited without the prior written agreement of Eurotunnel.
- The truck park is equipped with video surveillance systems linked to 24-hour surveillance centres, and a remote assistance system.
- If a Vehicle breaks down, the Customer has the possibility of calling upon a breakdown mechanic through their own help service, going to the services building in the truck park or, failing that, using the remote assistance system. The breakdown mechanic is subject to the applicable parking prices.
Article 6 – ADDITIONAL SERVICES
- The Customer may access Eurotunnel’s WiFi network free of charge, subject to complying with the general network usage conditions defined by Eurotunnel, which can be viewed on the WiFi network access portal.
- The Customer may access the different buildings provided (including the services building, the building housing the showers and toilets and the formalities building). The Customer must ensure that they are used properly.
- Additional services (catering options, laundrette and mini-market, etc.) shall be provided at the prices advertised.
- The Customer may use the dedicated services provided in the formalities building in order to facilitate border crossing procedures and access to the Shuttle.
Article 7 – DANGEROUS GOODS
- No oily, inflammable or corrosive liquids shall be spilled or emptied within the truck park. In the event of accidental spillage, once the staff or representatives of Eurotunnel have noted the incident, the costs for any cleaning and restoration work will be charged to the person concerned.
- Vehicles transporting dangerous goods shall not be permitted to enter the secure truck park.
Article 8 – LIABILITY – EXCLUSIONS
- The Customer and any Interested Person shall be jointly and severally liable for accidents resulting in personal injury and any damage to movable or immovable property caused by Vehicles, drivers, passengers or goods, to both truck park facilities and other vehicles, goods and persons present. A Customer driving a Vehicle in a personal capacity shall be solely liable for the above-mentioned incidents. Any accident, incident or damage occurring in the truck park must be immediately reported to the reception of the services building. In the event of any damage to Eurotunnel facilities, the Customer must notify his/her insurance company.
- Eurotunnel is bound by an obligation of means with regard to the surveillance of the truck park. Eurotunnel shall not be held liable in the event of the theft and/or degradation of a Vehicle and/or its constituent parts, accessories, or other goods left inside the Vehicle such as cargo. Eurotunnel shall not be held liable in the event of the theft and/or degradation of any items left in the building (for example in the lockers and changing rooms). Furthermore, Eurotunnel shall not be held liable in the event of aggression occurring in the truck park.
In addition, Eurotunnel shall not be held liable for the operations of leaving or retrieving a trailer by any Customer or any Interested Person. In this regard, Eurotunnel is not required to verify the identity and/or capacity of the Customer or the Interested Person when the trailer is retrieved.
Lastly, Eurotunnel shall not be liable for damage caused by an event of force majeure, as defined in French case law, or in the event of occurrences such as strikes, riots, or unlawful entry into the truck park. It is incumbent on the Customer to take all necessary measures against the risks referred to in the present Article. In any event, the liability of Eurotunnel is limited to any direct and material damage caused by its own fault to the Customer and/or the Interested Persons in the truck park, and shall not exceed €10,000 per claim.
- The Customer must comply with any instructions provided by Eurotunnel’s staff or representatives and must take note of and comply with the safety and fire prevention notices and instructions.
- Any disturbances and cases of discourteous behaviour towards Eurotunnel’s staff or representatives and/or other Customers are prohibited. In the event of any reported disturbances or discourteous behaviour, Eurotunnel shall reserve the right to request that the Customer vacate the services building(s) and/or the truck park and Eurotunnel shall, where applicable, reserve the right to take legal action.
Article 9 – PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act (Loi Informatique et Libertés) of 6 January 1978, and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, as amended, the Customer has a right of access to, and rectification and erasure of, any personal data relating to him/herself that is processed by Eurotunnel and any subcontractors it may use, for ensuring the security of the truck park, for managing incidents (particularly payments), and for compliance with its legal obligation to collect log-in data.
Article 10 – APPLICABLE LAW
The present Regulations are subject to French law. Attempts must be made to resolve any disputes amicably before any legal proceedings are initiated. Failing agreement, jurisdiction shall lie with the courts of Boulogne-sur-Mer.
Article 11 – CONTACTS
- Information: Services building, website www.letruckvillage.com
- Access to personal data: Eurotunnel, Service Juridique, Siège d’Exploitation, B.P. 69, 62904 Coquelles Cedex. email@example.com
- Notification of an accident, incident, damage or objection: Eurotunnel, Service Commercial – Parking Fret, Siège d’Exploitation, B.P. 69, 62904 Coquelles Cedex. firstname.lastname@example.org